Bluebell festival 2023
- Update 28/04/2023: the Vlasmarktdreef will remain closed for cars until Sunday 07/05/2023, opening again on Monday 08/05/2023.
- From Saturday April 8th and at least until Monday May 1th the Vlasmarktdreef will be closed and Parking 2 Bosmuseum and Parking 8 Achtdreven will not be accessible by car. It is recommended to use Parking 1 Hogebermweg or Parking 11 Houtveld.
- On 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30 April and 1 May, there will be a free shuttle bus every half hour from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. between Halle Station and Parking 2 Bosmuseum in Hallerbos. In Halle there is also a stop at the Welkomstlaan (where there is a long parking strip).
- There is a bicycle rental service at the station in Halle, on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on weekends and public holidays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. During weekends and public holidays, the bicycles are free while stocks last.
- People with a less mobile card can find reserved places at Parking 4 (Dries 3 – 1500 Halle) from Saturday 8 April. The ‘Plateauwandeling’ departs from the parking lot to the center of the forest. The course is marked with poles with a ‘white-black’ head. There are rest benches at regular intervals.
- From Saturday 8 April to Sunday 7 May there are toilet cabins at Parking 1 (Hogebermweg), Parking 2 (Bosmuseum) and Parking 8 (Achtdreven). There is a toilet car at the Bospaviljoen.
- The dog free field next to Parking 1 (Hogebermweg) has been temporarily reduced.
- For those who come by motorhome: it is not allowed to stay overnight in the parking spaces of the Hallerbos. The statutory overnight place for campers is in the Eugène Ysayestraat – 1500 Halle, 2.1 km from the forest.
- The use of drones is not allowed in the forest.
Did you know …
Bluebells are delicate and easily damaged, especially if they’re trodden on. Damage can prevent the leaves from photosynthesizing, causing the plant to die back. Bluebells take many years to get established, so minor damage can have long-lasting impact. Help to look after the bluebells by sticking to the official pathways. By doing so you do not compact the soil and new plants can germinate. In this way, the forest remains magically beautiful in the spring for future generations.