Accessibility to the wood in the flowering season of the bluebells
Special arrangement over the weekend of: 13-14 April; 20-21-22 April; 27-28 April – 1 May 2019
Free shuttle bus over the weekend of: 13-14 April; 20-21-22 April; 27-28 April – 1 May 2019
Vlasmarktdreef will be closed on these days from Nijvelsesteenweg. Parking 2, 3 and 8 can not be reached by car. Except from 9 am to 8 pm for groups coming by coach, and for drivers who have an identity document for the disabled.
The city of Halle provides a shuttle bus from 9 am to 8 pm. This bus takes you for free from Halle to the wild hyacinths (P8 Achtdreven). It has two pick-up points: at the station of Halle and at the end of the Welkomstlaan.
The first bus leaves at 9 am from the the station. After that it comes every 30 minutes. There are 85 places on the bus.
You can park your car along the Welkomstlaan.
(Timetable shuttle direction Hallerbos – Timetable shuttle direction Station)
To return by shuttle bus: pick-up point in Hallerbos in car park 8. The first bus leaves at 9.15 am, afterwards every 30 minutes. The last bus leaves the forest at 8 pm.
If you come by car to the forest:
It is recommended to use car park 1 Hogebermweg, especially at the weekends. Also Houtveld (car park 11) can be used as a car park on busy days, except on Saturday 27 April when Houtveld is partly closed as the ‘Bluebell jogging’ is passing there.
Via Exit 21 on the R0
• Ring R0 (E19 Brussels-Mons) Exit 21 (Halle)
• at the exit, keep to the left
• turn left at the second traffic lights (N28-Nivelles)
• for car park Hogebermweg (P1 on the map): turn left at the junction Warande/Maasdal, following the sign post ‘P Hallerbos’, turn right immediately after the bridge over the motorway– gps: N 50.71360 – E 4.26721.
• for Houtveld: turn left at the junction Warande/Maasdal, following the sign post ‘P Hallerbos’, then take the second street on the right (Kasteelstraat). Continue as far as possible until the junction with Pipaenshoek. Parking on the Houtveld – gps: N 50.70810 – E 4.26497. Walk to the forest via Pipaenshoek and the wildlife tunnel.
Download these directions and the map: soon available
By public transport or by bike to Hallerbos
From the station in Halle to the forest:
- on week days: bus line 144 (TEC)
- at weekends: bus line 155 and 156 (De Lijn)
- From Saturday 13 April until Sunday 5 May 2019 there is a temporary bus stop at Hallerbosstraat for the bus Lijn 155. This way you can get to the wood through the Hogebermweg (Car park 1).