Accessibility to the wood in the flowering season of the bluebells
Special arrangement over the weekend of: 14-15 April; 21-22 April; 28-29-30 April – 1 May 2018
Free shuttle bus over the weekend of: 14-15 April; 21-22 April; 28-29-30 April – 1 May 2018
Vlasmarktdreef will be closed on these days from Nijvelsesteenweg. Parking 2, 3 and 8 can not be reached by car. Except from 9 am to 8 pm for groups coming by coach, and for drivers who have an identity document for the disabled.
The city of Halle provides a shuttle bus from 9 am to 8 pm. This bus takes you for free from Halle to the wild daffodils (P8 Achtdreven). It has tree pick-up points: on the corner of Arkensvest/Basiliekstraat (‘Park’), at the station of Halle, and at the end of the Welkomstlaan.
The first bus leaves at 9 am from the the station. After that it comes every 30 minutes. There are 85 places on the bus.
You can park your car along the Welkomstlaan.
To return by shuttle bus: pick-up point in Hallerbos in car park 8. The first bus leaves at 9.15 am, afterwards every 30 minutes.
If you come by car to the forest:
It is recommended to use car park 1 Hogebermweg, especially at the weekends. Also Houtveld can be used as a car park on busy days, except on Saturday 21 April when Houtveld is partly closed as the ‘Bluebell jogging’ is passing there.
Via Exit 21 on the R0
• Ring R0 (E19 Brussels-Mons) Exit 21 (Halle)
• at the exit, keep to the left
• turn left at the second traffic lights (N28-Nivelles)
• for car park Hogebermweg (P1 on the map): turn left at the junction Warande/Maasdal, following the sign post ‘P Hallerbos’, turn right immediately after the bridge over the motorway– gps: N 50.71360 – E 4.26721.
• for Houtveld: turn left at the junction Warande/Maasdal, following the sign post ‘P Hallerbos’, then take the second street on the right (Kasteelstraat). Continue as far as possible until the junction with Pipaenshoek. Parking on the Houtveld – gps: N 50.70810 – E 4.26497. Walk to the forest via Pipaenshoek and the wildlife tunnel.
Download these directions and the map: soon available
By public transport or by bike to Hallerbos
With the train to Halle:
- B-Excursion Bluebell Festival with rental bike. With this B-Excursion you can travel to Halle station, where you can jump onto a rental bike and head off towards Hallerbos.
- Weekend ticket: at the weekend, you can travel to Halle for half the price using the Weekend ticket. A free shuttle bus from De Lijn will then take you to the Hallerbos.
From the station in Halle to the forest:
- on week days: bus line 144 (TEC)
- at weekends: bus line 155 and 156 (De Lijn)
- From Saturday 14 April until Sunday 6 May 2018 there is a temporary bus stop at Hallerbosstraat for the bus Lijn 155. This way you can get to the wood through the Hogebermweg (Car park 1).